I have a routine with my kids to give thanks every morning for a new day and at night for at least one thing that happened during the day. I believe that by being thankful on a continuous basis I have more positive energy for my family, friends, and clients. That is probably why Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays of the year. Not for the history behind it, but for the fact that we have a day where the central theme is Giving Thanks. Since this is my business blog I will give business related thanks.
- I am thankful to have an amazing team at Marketites that works relentlessly to deliver for our clients. Their pursuit for excellence and willingness to do whatever it takes inspires me every day to work harder and raise the bar for all that we do.
- I was so lucky this year to meet amazing mentors that will forever change the way I work. I want to thank Pete de La Torre from Pete Biz Radio for teaching me HOW to network. Pilar Guzman from Half Moon Empanadas for showing me how I can be a better entrepreneur. Alexia Gonzalez from My Man is Not My Plan for helping me step out of my comfort zone and be more proactive in women’s causes. To my ongoing mentor from SCORE Oscar Rospigliosi who has been with me since the beginning of my Miami marketing agency.
- This year I closed down my Coral Gables office and it was a very difficult decision that at one point made me feel like a failure. I remember walking into the office for the first time and being full of hopes for the future. There were several factors that played into closing the office, but I am thankful for having gone through the experience of making a difficult decision and acting fast. I want to thank Monica from BizNest for being so wonderful. We are so happy at our new space. It offers greater flexibility, a beautiful outdoor area, and a better location than what we had.
- Giving back is also very important to me and I am thankful for being part of some wonderful projects such as the Miami Arts Marketing Project, CollabMiami, American Marketing Association FIU, and Venture Cafe. Thank you for allowing me to collaborate.
- Our Clients are the best and I just can’t thank them enough. I am thankful for the trust that they have placed in us to help them grow their businesses. Every marketing strategy that we build, every brand that we help create, every marketing plan that we execute gives us such a tremendous sense of purpose.
I will continue to give thanks every day because I get to do the work I love with amazing employees for great clients. Happy Thanksgiving to all!!